M2A Detector Head
- Operates with or without a controller
- Direct digital readout with OLED cold temperature display
- Available gases include
- LEL, O2, H2S, CO, CO2, and 100% Vol CH4
- Toxic gases include NH3, AsH3, Cl2, ClO2, HCN, NO2, & SO2
- Infrared sensor for combustibles and CO2
- 4-20 mA & digital Modbus outputs standard
- 2 fully programmable alarm relays & fail relay
- Non-intrusive calibration via magnetic wand
- Explosion proof construction
- Patented water repellent sensor cover
- User friendly setup, push buttons & OLED menus
- Long-life sensors (2 + years typical)
The RKI M2A is a state-of-the-art transmitter that can operate as an independent, stand-alone monitor or as part of an integrated system. The M2A connects with an analog or digital signal to virtually any controller, PLC, or DCS. Setup procedures are simplified with user friendly push buttons and OLED menus. It utilizes a magnetic wand technique for performing non-intrusive calibration. The M2A provides an automatic zero drift correction feature, which results in more stable readings and reduces the need for adjustments due to sensor aging.
The housing of the M2A does not need to be opened for zeroing or calibration, making it unnecessary to declassify the area for routine maintenance. It is designed so that a complete field calibration can be performed by one person. Sensor construction is rated Class I, Div. 1 Groups B, C, D for flammables, CO, H2S, O2, and CO2, and Class I, Div. 2 for all other toxics.